We recognise that many people do not have the time or desire to manage their own investments and wish to entrust us with the day to day decision making. A discretionary investment management service allows you to delegate to your Investment Manager, enabling us to make changes within your portfolio without having to contact you first, in line with your agreed investment strategy.
As part of our bespoke offering we do not have any specific minimum size for accounts, but we have a guideline of £200,000. However where there are secondary accounts such as children, grandchildren, trusts and pensions we are happy for the accounts to be far smaller and the minimum guideline is waived including JISAs.
Linking accounts: To provide the benefits of economies of scale to family groups where there may be multiple accounts, we run a fee linking service so that each family is treated as one large account with pro-rata fees, delivering a benefit of lower management charges at different tiers.
Discretionary Accounts: for all our discretionary accounts we offer a ‘fee only’ service with no dealing commission and tiered bands as the funds under management increase.
Execution Only: where we have satellite ‘execution only’ accounts we do not charge any management fee as no advice is being given. Instead, there is a minimum annual charge to cover custody and commission charged whenever dealing takes place.
Three ways to deliver world class Investment Management for clients
We offer access to all asset classes, including:
- Equities, bonds, investment trusts and Exchange Traded Products (ETPs) traded on all major markets
- Raymond James Investment Services is a London Stock Exchange member firm; our direct market access provides efficient and cost effective trade execution in real time with no additional third party broker fees for retail trades in London listed securities
- Funds (UK registered funds; GBP, USD, Euro share classes)
- Commodities such as gold through ETF’s which replicate their underlying value
We also provide access to a full range of tax wrappers, including:
- ISAs and JISAs, with Raymond James as the ISA manager
- Pension wrappers, offered by 50+ pension administrators, including SIPP, SSAS, QROPS and QNUPS
Constructing Your Portfolio
The two main ways to generate returns for portfolios is firstly through the correct asset allocation. This will take several forms starting with Bonds and Equities and is referred to as a ‘top down’ approach i.e. looking at the world from above. This expands to other areas such as Geographic i.e. how much is invested in U.K, U.S.A, and Emerging Markets etc. This progresses on to sector bias, examples of which are technology, oil, banks, and more defensive areas including Consumer Staples and Utilities. Having established the above, we then consider the second aspect – referred to as ‘bottom up’. This is buying individual holdings, which we believe has the potential to offer the best characteristics to deliver outperformance.
An Example of Asset Allocation is shown below
*RAYMOND JAMES is a registered trademark of Raymond James Financial, Inc.